Department of Medicals and Research
- Carry out in depth research on cancer; causes, prevalence, prevention and control.
- Be up to date on latest guidelines and recommendations on cancer control.
- Carry out research on the level of cancer awareness among the Nigerian population and give recommendations
- Inventory control of test kits, medications, vaccines and medical consumables to be used for screening Programmes.
- Identifying high risk groups and referring to the appropriate health facility.
- Develop framework for conducting screening services.
- Set goals on screening and design mode of operation to conduct it.
- Liaise with available health facilities on provision of care for patients by assessing available facilities and develop communication with the partners.
- Regular conduction of information to communities through fliers, social media or radio and television presentations. This will be in conjunction with the media and communications department.
- Provide adequate and factual information concerning cancer prevention and management to the communities.
- Accurate documentation of all activities with timely review to determine the effectiveness of the interventions deployed and for the purpose of follow-up and research.
- Develop relevant research proposals which will require application for grants.
- Work with other departments to plan and organise programmes.
- Conduct regular training on cancer and cancer-related issues.
Dr Olawale Adamson
Head of Department
Mrs Phebean O. Alo
Assistant Head of Medicals